Thursday, January 12, 2012

-About me-

A good friend tagged me in an About Me post, and while I can't do the whole thing because I don't have enough followers yet, I wanted to share the rest of my answers here so ya'll know what some of my passions and favorite memories are.


[11 facts about me]
1. I was originally an elementary education major, until I realized young children are supremely annoying in large quantities.

2. I met my husband while working at a KFC/Long John Silvers when I was 17. He would come in to chat with me and order a medium drink. The reason we are together now is because my coworkers called him pretending to be me! The rest is history. (Also notable- smelling like chicken and fish cannot be attractive. Props to him for looking past that!)

3. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day- heck, of the century. I'd eat breakfast foods for every meal if I could.

4. My nickname as a child was Itty Bitty. Charming, I know.

5. I  rarely to never wear tennis shoes, unless I am running. 

6. I have worn glasses since 2nd grade- and refuse to ever get contacts. I cannot stand anything going near my eyes! I have to pry my eyes open at the eye doctor when they do the air test and dialation drops. Ick.

7. I hate public speaking.

8. My first car was a red '97 Camaro.

9. My middle name is Virginia, which also happens to be the state in which I reside now. Yes, people smirk when they hear this and say, "I guess you better stay, then!"

10. It is and always will be "pop" and not "soda".

11. My favorite month is October. I love the smell of the leaves, the crisp air, the apple cider, the Halloween festivities... you name it. 

[questions from Katie]
1. If you could only own cats or only own dogs for your entire life, which would you choose? I would definitely choose dogs. I've had a ton of both cats and dogs growing up, and I was probably on the fence up until I got the dog-love of my life, Matilda. She's done so many wonderful things and filled in the lonely gaps that people sometimes cannot fill. Here she is:

2. What was the last dream (sleep dream) you had that you can remember? Since I have not seen my husband in many moons, I usually simply dream about being close to him or doing things like flying kites together or sitting in the sun. I just realized how lame that sounds, but oh well. 

3. If you had no fear of failure, what would you do? I would quit school, open my own bookstore, write children's books, and single-handedly topple down Barnes and Noble's bookstore monopoly. (I still love ya, B&N, but really... someone needs to get on that.)

4. If you could save only one photograph, what would it be? I have this picture of my Junior year prom night. I am in a fantastic Cinderella-esqe dress, standing next to Rob and my best friend, Megan. It looks so candid, like it came from a magazine. I've always loved that picture. 

5. Deserted Island: What three books would you take? Oh jeeze, thanks Katie! What a doozie. I would probably take Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides, Paper Towns by John Green, and a really great, huge book of poetry from all the greats.

6. What skill do you wish you had and why? As much as I love writing and reading, I wish I was a better speaker. I have all of these words in my brain, but sometimes I have trouble conveying them in conversation. Quite frankly, it's annoying.

7.  What is your favorite meal to cook? I love to make pot roast. Mmm.

8. How long does it take for you to get ready to go out of the house? It usually takes me 45 minutes to shower and get ready. I'm quite proud of that.

9. What is your favorite childhood memory? I have the strangest memories of my childhood sometimes. I just remember sitting next to my mom on the couch, watching soap operas, and drifting back and forth between sleep and consciousness. I still love soap operas. I blame her.

10. Deserted Island: What three movies do you take? (and yes, this strange island has a DVD player, don't ask!) Life as a House, Once, and Forrest Gump. Duh.

11. How long on average does it take you to read a book? If it's a good book (and really, I don't put down a book often) I can read a 200 page book in one sitting, 4-5 hours maybe?

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I love you, Virginia Betsy! ;)

    Your dreams are not lame either! I say when Rob gets back we get cheap kites and the 5 of us go to the park and fly them. (or 6 if we count Tilly) I think yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T-mobile still has never fixed my name. That sounds supremely lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Katie's. :)

    I love how you and your husband met!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Katie's! :) I like your blog. Very cute design! I am also a book lover. Love how you & your husband met! And dogs are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete