Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'll eat you up, I love you so

“And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!” - Where the Wild Things Are, Maurice Sendak


Linkup time! Brought to you by Sar at [life of love].

[1]
My childhood came back to me this morning when Where the Wild Things Are was discussed in one of my classes. My absolute favorite book as a youngster. Imagination, repression, exploration, defiance, and resolved conflict all rolled up into one beautifully animated story. I may do a future blog posting on the book and how Maurice Sendak shaped the future of children's literature. What was your favorite book as a child, and what makes it so special?

[2]
Doing a happy dance with the ever-decreasing homecoming countdown on my kitchen wall :)

[3]
So, like every other winter, I always gain a couple of unwanted pounds and shed it off in the early Spring months. Reminiscent of a seal or some other blubber-consistent animal. One of my biggest problems is drinking too much pop (not soda). Today is day 3 of Operation No Pop and I am enjoying a Naked fruit smoothie as we speak.

[4]
Speaking of delicious drinks, my friend Kelsey got me hooked on the delicious drinks and cuisine at the local campus coffeehouse. They sell the most mouth watering apricot sweet tea there. It may or may not be my new addiction. My lunch the other day:

[5]
Is January over yet? It's really the most dull month there is. 

[6]
Yesterday, I ordered some pretty amazing pillows from BoldLoft. They will go perfect with my new red down comforter and zebra print sheets <3. 

[7]

Life is beautiful.

10 comments:

  1. Are you ready for this, because I'm about to blow your mind:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKNaYlzssbc

    YES, that's Christopher Walken reading Where the Wild Things Are. AWESOME. My favorite book as a child was Blueberries for Sal, or Pat the Bunny (when I was very little), or anything Berenstain Bears. Love them all.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. WAY. Christopher Walken was already cooler than the coolest. Now? He just jumped to THE coolest. ;) Thanks for the link!

      Delete
  2. Those pillows are so cute! Also I laughed that you called yourself a seal. Which you are not. Oh and, since you asked, Goodnight Moon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohmygosh Katie, me too! LOVE Goodnight Moon the mostest in the world. :) My Mom buys a new cardboard copy for every grandchild born; my grandma did the same for us. Serious family fave. You rock! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh my greatness! Thanks so much for following See Beautiful. We're so happy we found your blog and could follow you too. I absolutely love the philosophy of your blog and can't wait to come back and play.

    Happy seeing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave up soda for the new year and I'm actually enjoying it! Some days I can't get enough water and other days I'm so over it but I love that I'm not so dependant on it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that January is super dull...it's depressing too! =) Props to you for no soda. I was SO good until a training this past weekend and it all went down the drain. Well, poo. Keep it up, lady!

    xoxo,
    megs [at] Shine On

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never really realized it before but January is quite dull isnt it?! It's almost over. I don't really drink pop so I don't know how hard it is to stop, but have you tried crystal light? I feel like it would be an okay substitute. Thanks for the comment today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pop for life!!

    I love those pillows! So cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have a really hard time quitting soda altogether. I've gotten to the point where I don't drink it every day, but it would be nice to have an alternative form of yum that didn't make fat stick to my already fat cells! ;)

    And I LOVE Where the Wild Things Are, I can still remember my sweet Grandma reading it to me over and over. She was a children's librarian so I have nothing but good feelings when it comes to good, quality children's literature. DEF do that Maurice Sendak post you mentioned... and make sure I get a link! (I try to keep up with everybody I can, but you know how it is.) It would be a welcome read!

    ReplyDelete