Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

This is my first link-up experience, so bear with me :)
Just a few snippets from my day! Brought to you by Sar @ http://www.lovelovelovesar.blogspot.com/



[one]
I love the weather in Virginia. Specifically, the fact that it's so subtle. Like, "Hey, I don't really feel like getting too cold or too warm all sudden-like! Let's just stay right herrrrre." It was a sunny 64 degrees today. Lovely.
 

[two]
I'm reading The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. He's one of my favorite current authors (he wrote The Virgin Suicides way back when). Sometimes I like to breeze through books, other times I could spend hours digesting each word. His writing will definitely make you double-gulp.
[three]
My Spanish class is kicking my fanny. Mierda.
[four]
I smiled today thinking about how many days I have left before I see my husband. I haven't seen him since April. Oh dear. It's just so much to take in.
[five]
I just wrote about music and lyrics and how they have a supreme influence on my life. If reincarnation exists, I was totally a groupie. I'm always open to music suggestions!

[six]
Valentine's Day is right around the corner. Gulp.
[seven]
I am very grateful for the relationships I have built since moving to Virginia, as well as the tight knit friendships I have been able to keep since I was a teen. It also hit me how unexplicably different relationships are between women versus girls.
That's what I'm thinking today! What about you?

4 comments:

  1. Amen to number 7! Also, big fan of your hubby coming home, I'm so excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, "If reincarnation exists, I was totally a groupie." Amazing sentence!

    I'm envious of your 64 degree day! It was a balmy 40 today in Waco, TX, but the wind chill (25mph winds!) made it feel cooler. Tomorrow, however, we're supposed to have 5mph winds and a high of 59. Here's hoping to a little spring in January!

    Thanks for joining, and welcome to your first link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow you are a strong lady! My hubby used to go out to sea (Navy) and I couldn't stand one MONTH. God bless you!

    I actually just suggested this to another one of Sar's linkup gals, but Rob Dougan, especially his instrumental version of "Nothing at All." Pandora makes it all come together nicely. :) I'm very eclectic in my taste so you just might love him.

    And also if you haven't heard of him, Jamie Woon - his best stuff is actually on YouTube, and I would most suggest "Spirits" and the Burial Remix of "Poor Wayfaring Stranger." Breathtaking. Really.

    I agree 100% about women vs. girls, isn't it wonderful to be a woman?? Well, in most ways. :)

    Great to meet you, tonight was my first linkup with Sar too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about The Marriage Plot. Should you be married to thoroughly enjoy it...? New follower courtesy of Sar's link-up! Happy Saturday!

    xoxo,
    megs [at] Shine On

    ReplyDelete